Chief Technology Officer (CTO) | Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Creator of Digital Experiences that Differentiate Businesses and Drive Business Value
Paradigm-shifting, entrepreneurial C-suite IT executive and digital transformation leader, sought out and respected by Global 500 corporations for conceptualizing, spearheading development, and fast-tracking implementation of new and emerging technologies to streamline business processes, boost production, and drive business value across diverse and critical lines of business.
Recognized Industry Thought Leader / SME on disruptive technology
Quoted in Forbes, featured in TechRadar, and invited national speaker to international audiences: DistribuTech: Keynote Speaker, IoT Mega Session SAP SAPPHIRE: Enterprise Integration Strategies FLATS: Big Data and IoT Microsoft World Partner Conference: Retail Inventory Optimization – Enterprise Integration – Digital Integration of Retail Stores & Corporate Systems; Presented to Fujitsu and Activate HU audiences on Agile Business Innovation and Organizational Change Programs
- Built Full-Service Agile Enterprise Consulting Firm
- Orchestrated Global Digital Transformations for Fortune-500s
- Led 180-Degree Turnaround of Fujitsu’s Struggling Microsoft Services Practice
- Partnered with Industry Powerhouses (Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce.com) on Co-Innovation Projects
- Joined Forces with Fujitsu’s $4B+ R&D Team to Bring New Technologies to Market
- Translated Six Sigma Black Belt & 5x SAFe 4.5 Certifications into Process Optimization Leadership
- Managed Budgets up to $26M | Mobilized Teams of 200+ People
ACTIVATE HU, Atlanta, GA (2017 to Present)
Business consulting start-up focused on guiding enterprises through digital transformation and coaching, training, and innovation. Developed a differentiating face-to-face business model, delivering on and offsite, engaging, interactive, value-add communication skills.
Co-Founder & Director, Agile Innovation
Started boutique consulting firm with partner and originated a Scaled Agile Program—critical to evaluating, defining, implementing, and supporting a common set of agile best practices, processes, and reporting metrics on client projects.
- Business Strategy: Strategized high-impact consulting business model and full project management lifecycles while optimizing P&L, business development, and C-level relationship building.
- Built business from the ground up, based on results as a go-to collaborator for simplifying client transformations, accelerating innovation, and operationalizing game-changing opportunities that take business to next-level success.
- Cultivated productive/profitable client relationships and optimized customer service and satisfaction by tailoring Scaled Agile Program to customer needs.
- Scaled Agile Program: Serve as the driving force behind dramatic improvements in software quality, responsiveness to business needs, innovation, and value creation by capitalizing on lean, agile principles and practices. Situated client-side development teams to fast-track sustainable enterprise change, championing best practices in agile training and coaching to deepen team understanding on the value and technical needs of continuous delivery and DevOps.\
Notable Client Successes:
- Positioned an award-winning commercial product design company to accommodate explosive growth in demand, capitalize on market opportunity, maintain profitability, and sustain quality. Partnered with client to build and implement an agile delivery system that facilitated shift from project to product-focused delivery model, automated processes, accelerated workflows, increased feedback frequency across product domains, reduced rework, and strengthened alignment to end-customer.
- Sought out by enterprise clients: (Maven – Product design company, Smithfield – Food production company) to champion lean, agile technology environments and empower cultures of continuous improvement, experimentation, and innovation.
FUJITSU, Atlanta, GA (2006 to 2017)
Chief Innovation Officer, 2014 to 2017
Recruited to serve as innovation architect, strategizing and deploying methodologies to drive success of information and communications technology (ICT) solutions for Fujitsu’s North American Business & IT Consulting/Integration Services Unit. Devised comprehensive, nationwide strategies that propelled growth, minimized operational expenses (OPEX), and opened new revenue opportunities with Microsoft-related services—Fujitsu’s largest and fastest-growing strategic relationship. Spearheaded co-innovation projects/programs with industry powerhouses such as Microsoft & Oracle to deliver transformative results for Fortune 100 clients in agriculture, energy, and healthcare.
- Reduced charge backs and >80% of SLA credits to save $15M+ annually, spearheading a Six Sigma project that prompted design of a risk mitigation platform to more effectively manage client-facing projects.
- Optimized $26M budget and performance of 200-strong organization.
- Innovation Strategy: Collaborated with Fujitsu’s $4B+ R&D team to expedite market launches of new technologies. Solved production, operational, and business challenges through technology innovation, introducing new platforms and formats (e.g., innovation workshops, idea factories, and hackathons) to spark boundless ideas with stakeholders of Fortune-ranked customers.
Played an integral role in directing seed funding and budgeting to fund innovation and incubation activities, subsequently powering innovative programs that sparked award-winning, profitable customer outcomes. List supplied upon request.
Earlier Strategic Consulting Roles
Regularly sought out to provide subject matter expertise and strategic consulting to industry powerhouses: BellSouth – Coca Cola – PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) – Americo Insurance – American Express.
- Strategic Marketing & Analysis Consultant, BellSouth: Improved impact of new offerings within Bellsouth product portfolio by building the architecture for a data analysis and interpretation solution.
- Lead Consultant, Information Availability Project, Coca Cola: Enabled company to tap into consumer purchasing trends and elevate its bottle routing solution by designing a decision-support analysis system.
Lead Consultant, Risk Assurance Project, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) /// Lead Consultant/Enterprise Data Architect, Americo Insurance /// Lead Consultant/Enterprise Architect, American Express
BOARD ADVISORY & COMMUNITY AFFAIRS
Board Member, Oakwood University: Advise deans on business and computer degree programs and course content; facilitate regular student and faculty presentations on business and IT innovation and entrepreneurship.
Associate of Science Degree, Major in Computer Technology—Control Data Institute, San Francisco, CA